Occupational Therapy Job Summary:
Blossom House is a specialist school for children aged 3 – 19 years of age with speech, language and communication difficulties. Although many of the children have some associated difficulties such as fine motor problems or poor organisational skills, they are all within the average range of cognitive abilities.
We have an exciting opportunity for a fully qualified Physiotherapist to join our Therapy Team, supporting children who have speech, language and communication difficulties. The ideal candidate will have excellent English skills (clear written and spoken English) and good reading, writing and numeracy skills, along with the ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers. Experience of working with children with Special Education Needs (SEN) is desirable.
The role involves, among other responsibilities, providing a PT service within the primary and secondary school, focusing on sensory motor development. You will be responsible for providing therapy to a defined caseload including writing, implementing and evaluating therapy treatment programmes for group and individual PT. You will also be required to work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team.
• A supportive working environment in a newly refurbished building.
• Small class sizes and the opportunity to work 1-1 with children where possible.
• Support from an enthusiastic and dedicated team of Therapy staff and Teachers who will work alongside you in the classroom. Our Speech & Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Art Therapists, Music Therapists, and Play Therapists aim to maximise each child’s potential in a nurturing and supportive environment.
• Continued professional development.
• Great staff benefits and a friendly nurturing environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Confidence, enthusiasm and a passion for learning.
• Excellent English skills (clear written and spoken English) along with good reading, writing and numeracy skills.
• The ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers.
• Experience of working with children with Special Education Needs (SEN), particularly children on the Autism Spectrum.
• The ability to manage a small group of children with complex social communication needs.
• The ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment is essential.
The role is Full Time, Permanent, Monday to Friday (8:30 – 17:00)
9 weeks holiday
Competitive salary dependent on experience
Closing Date: 5th December 2018
If you wish to apply for this post, please download the application form from the school website: www.blossomhouseschool.co.uk/vacancies and email your completed form detailing how you meet the requirements of the person specification, along with the application activity detailed in the attachment