Are you looking for flexible work hours and great pay in a supportive small team work environment?
We are seeking a fun, friendly and passionate Occupational Therapist to join our team at Baobab Therapy for Kids. We are a small, family-owned clinic based in Box Hill North and looking to add to our team of dedicated Occupational Therapists.
We really care about our kids and our families and believe that all children can reach their potential with the right supports in place. We are passionate about delivering high quality, individualised, family-centred therapy that is effective, creative and most of all – a lot of fun!
The large majority of clients we see present with Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, Motor Dyspraxia, Sensory Integration challenges, Social Emotional challenges, Developmental Delays and Learning Difficulties. Our therapy use a sensory-focused and play-based therapy approach that is flexible, creative and tailored to the child's unique interests and needs.
- Generous renumeration rates plus superannuation
- Extensive one-on-one supervision, training and support
- Generous Professional Development allowance to support your learning and growth as a therapist
- A diverse and engaging caseload of children and young people aged 2-21 years
- A varied mix of mobile and clinic-based therapy work
- Working with a friendly and supportive small team with plenty of peer-to-peer support and collaboration
- A fully equipped Sensory Gym with an extensive range of games, equipment and assessments
- Flexible work hours that suit your needs: choice of casual, part-time or full-time work, 20-38 hours per week available.
Work/life balance is important to us so we are happy to be flexible about your work days and times. However, applicants who are available to work Saturdays will be prioritised.
You will have:
- Qualification in Occupational Therapy (OT) as recognised by the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia.
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Working With Children Check (WWCC) or willingness to obtain
- A full driver’s license and your own vehicle
- The right to live and work in Australia long-term
Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity with a range of commonly presenting developmental conditions and problems including developmental delay, sensory processing difficulties, feeding difficulties, behavioural issues, handwriting and fine motor problems, gross motor difficulties, self-care and independence skills.
- Familiarity with a variety of OT-specific assessments and intervention techniques
- Highly effective communication skills, including written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated skills in teamwork and collaborative practice
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- A demonstrable passion for working with children and young people
- Flexibility, creativity and spontaneity - a willingness to "follow a child's lead" and have fun!
- Provide individual therapy and support to children aged 2 - 21 years primarily in clinic or as at home or school as needed
- Support families and caregivers with support, training and strategies to develop increase the child's functioning and family wellbeing
- Develop and conduct a range of group therapy programs
- Conduct a range of assessments and communicate results to families and/or carers
- Liaise with an internal multidisciplinary team as well as and external professionals
- Administration and documentation tasks
In your application please include your CV and a maximum 1-2 page cover letter outlining why you'd be a great fit for Baobab Therapy for Kids. You must include why you are passionate about working with children!
Application deadline: 14th July 2019