Occupational Therapy Job Summary:
*Our OT clinic has 3 sensorimotor gyms!
*An opportunity to be a part of our spirited team
*Located in Enfield - Inner West Sydney
*Above award salary
*Mixed role – clinic & school therapy, groups & individual, unique fun projects, workshops
Kids Junction is looking for 2 more creative, vivacious & fun Occupational Therapists to join our OT team!
Part time role, 3 or 4 days a week with the option to extend to full time.
Working hours are 9.30am – 5.30pm
Saturday availability is a bonus but not essential (Saturday pay rates apply).
Kids Junction was established in 2013, our centre has 3 large sensorimotor gyms, some smaller therapy rooms, & a wide range of toys & therapeutic resources.
We provide centre based services & offer mobile services within our local community. We also provide teacher & parent workshops, & run kids group therapy programs. The role of our OT’s is extensive, we provide services in all areas of paediatric Occupational Therapy at Kids Junction & see clients from birth through to young adulthood. Applicants are encouraged to highlight their strength areas & passions as we tailor your caseload & projects to suit your skill areas & goals.
The large majority of our clients have autism, sensory processing difficulties, & learning difficulties.
We support our staff to gain further specialised training in these areas & are looking for applicants who can demonstrate their commitment to learning & development.
Applicants must demonstrate how they meet the position criteria or how they endeavour to meet the criteria. This can include a de-identified portfolio to demonstrate how they meet the criteria.
Applicants who are successfully offered an interview will be able to visit our clinic & take a look at our amazing facilities, equipment & resources.
• Enthusiastic & passionate about a career in Paediatric Occupational Therapy
• Creative & playful in nature
• Enthusiasm to run children's group programs & school holiday programs
• Minimum 1 year paediatric Occupational Therapy experience
• Demonstrates extensive knowledge of disability, learning difficulties, sensory processing difficulties, motor skills difficulties, paediatric mental health approaches & child development
• Demonstrates extensive knowledge of therapeutic treatment approaches in paediatric Occupational Therapy practice as well as goal setting & creating therapy programs.
• Demonstrates extensive knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorders & related therapeutic approaches
• Experience using PECS as well as positive behaviour strategies
• Experience working in some or all of the following areas: early intervention, school age support, learning difficulties including dyslexia & handwriting remediation, physical disabilities & movement disorders, intellectual disabilities, in-services for teachers, parents, child care
• Training in one or more therapeutic treatment approach such as Therapeutic Listening, Wilbarger Therapressure Protocol, M.O.R.E., Astronaut Training: A Sound Activated Vestibular-Visual Protocol, DIR/Floortime, SOS Approach to Feeding, etc
• Proven ability to work independently, demonstrated organisational skills, & time management skills
• Effective presentation & oral communication skills
• Demonstrates highly effective written skills during report & correspondence writing
• Participates in peer supervision & contributes to team professional development activities
• Recognised degree in Occupational Therapy
• Registration with AHPRA & membership with OTA
• Current driver's licence & has access to their own car for community appointments (reimbursable weekly)
• Current Working with Children Check
• Eligible for Medicare Provider Number
• Must be comfortable & confident around canines as we have a dog currently training at our site in animal assisted therapy.
•Willingness to supervise undergraduate students