Occupational Therapy Job Summary:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably skilled Occupational Therapist with experience or a keen interest in the intellectual disability sector. Stronger Together is a new service within the Monash Health Mental Health Program that has the aim of providing specialist assessment, clinical treatment, behaviour support and case management to people over the age of 16 years with a severe mental illness and co-existing intellectual disability.
We currently have an exciting position for an Occupational Therapist Grade 3 to join our new service Stronger Together at Dandenong. You will work in conjunction with the Behaviour Specialist within the Stronger Together team, the Clinical Lead and remaining multidisciplinary team. This position will be responsible for providing clinical and educational leadership as well as training and development for clinical mental health staff, Mental Health Community Support Services (MHCSS), disability service staff and other relevant local workforces in the South East Metropolitan Region. This is a full time temporary position funded through to 30th June 2020. The position will also work in collaboration with other team members to consolidate the Model of Care, formulate clear service policy and guidelines and ensure the service is compliant with Quality & Safety, OHS and all other areas of reporting.
- Genuinely passionate & highly committed to delivering diverse & innovative Mental Health Services
- Caring, pro-active & engaging manner dedicated to providing specialist assessment
- Specialist in developmentally based interventions
- Encourage a climate that fosters professional development & growth
- Provide education & support for Carers & Families to assist in their caring role
- Willingness to learn & further develop skills with access to leading edge education and training
To APPLY please copy and paste the link below or alternatively via our Monash Health website REF#31319