Occupational Therapy Job Summary:
IMMEDIATE START AVAILABLE: The team at Logistics Health is energetic, fun and very devoted to their professional roles and each other. We are looking for a like-minded applicant that is a team player, who can also share innovative ideas and motivation.
OT role includes:
• Working with all age groups, predominantly children & clients with intellectual disabilities (e.g. ASD)
• Equipment prescriptions for mobility and self-care & home modifications
• Development and support for individual OT interests
• Workplace Health & Safety applications of ergonomics, health assessments and training opportunities
• Includes some administrative duties
1. This role is in the rural Australian town of Narrabri NSW (6 hours northwest of Sydney) and we service towns within a radius of 1-2 hours, ability to travel and stay overnight
2. Position is Full-time (40 hours per week)
3. AHPRA Registration preferred & current Drivers Licence
4. Multi-skilled role – Primarily OT. with client liaison and marketing
5. Keen interest in working with children and intellectual disabilities
6. Quick learner, responsible immediately for an OT case load.
7. Be a focused and influential team member
8. Ability to work unsupervised &maintain active work performance
9. Personality traits required– self-motivation, enthusiastic, punctual, passionate about helping others and the community. Open and honest and focused on development as a part of a whole team. Think 'outside of the box' and be willing to extend and go beyond for your clients and the team. Flexibility to cope with change and have independent skills.
10. Communication skills required – excellent expressive, receptive communication/feedback and be approachable. Excellent written and oral skills,
11. Organisational skills – excellent time-management, follow directive and procedures, with the goal of working towards be accountable, trustworthy and independent within the OT role.
1. Preferred placement in a busy private practice and rural Australia
2. Strong interest in country life, and seeking rural experiences
3. Will consider New Graduate with AHPRA Registration
4. Options for sponsorship and supervision of overseas trained OT considered for the ideal applicant
5. Enjoy social team activities and events
6. Flexible hours can be negotiated for the right candidate
6. Other provisions are available for discussion such as; car and training support for the right applicant.
7. Rural-remote placement incentives for the right candidate
Next step, contact Meredith Chapman on 0429926364 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the OT Information Package. Complete this and return as soon as able and we will be in touch with you regarding opportunities of working with us.