Occupational Therapy Job Summary:
We are seeking an energetic Paediatric Occupational Therapist to join our organisation who enjoys thinking outside the box when delivering therapy. We are looking for a creative therapist to incorporate fun and high energy into our already stimulating treatment program. This position will suit someone who is highly organised and self-motivated.
The position will provide the right applicant with:
· A wide variety of caseload within the field of Paediatric Autism and developmental delay.
· Supervision by an experienced Paediatric Occupational Therapist.
· Responsibility for managing your own caseload, with support from supervision when required.
· Flexible working arrangements in relation to caseload hours and days.
· Opportunity to increase working hours.
· Approved Qualification in Occupational Therapy
· Current registration through APHRA
· Professional Indemnity Insurance
· Medicare Provider Number
· Registered Better Access to Mental Health practitioner (Desirable)
· Current drivers license and use of own car
Skills and experience:
· Experience in working with children with Autism and developmental delay
· Sound knowledge of Paediatric assessments
· Experience in implementing sensory based therapies, DIR/Floortime and developmental therapies
· Proven ability to work unsupervised
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Highly developed time management skills
· Experience working in a child care/ kinder and school settings
· Sense of creativity and enthusiasm towards fun therapy sessions for children