Occupational Therapy Job Summary:
Occupational Therapist required (term time only)
Full-time (37.5 hours/week)
Fixed term contract (12 months)
Band 6 equivalent
Salary dependent on experience
Due to expansion and maternity cover, we are looking to recruit an Occupational Therapist to join our established team. Queensmill is a local authority specialist school for children and young people with Autism aged 3 – 25 years. We are based in West London (W12) and have a national reputation as a centre of excellence in Autism practice as well as an outstanding rating from Ofsted. There are currently seven Occupational Therapists and one Occupational Therapy Assistant based at the school. At Queensmill School we recognise that our staff are our most valuable resource and therefore invest in a range of training opportunities to support continuing professional development. The role will involve managing a caseload of children and young people with Autism and associated learning difficulties at Queensmill School and units attached to mainstream schools. There will also be opportunities to be involved with outreach work with other schools across the tri-borough. As part of this role you will provide Occupational Therapy input individually, in groups and class-based. You will work closely with teachers and parents and will contribute to goal setting, behaviour support plans and annual reviews. You will also contribute to the Occupational Therapy department training sessions provided for staff and parents.
We are looking for a candidate who is:
- A dedicated and passionate HCPC registered Occupational Therapist with experience of working with children and young people with learning disabilities and/or Autism.
- Keen to make a positive difference to the lives of young people with Autism and their families.
- Interested in using Ayres Sensory Integration and sensory based interventions with experience and training in this area.
We can offer you:
An office base at Queensmill School shared with an experienced and knowledgeable Occupational Therapy and multidisciplinary team who work in schools throughout the borough.
- Supervision and line management from an onsite highly specialist Occupational Therapist who is a qualified Sensory Integration Practitioner and Assistant Head of the school.
- Opportunities to work in other school settings in the tri-borough.
- Comprehensive induction training package including PECS, Team-Teach, TEACCH.
- Opportunities for Occupational Therapy specific training and networking.
- Opportunities to develop within a specific area of interest (for example: feeding issues, environmental audit, use of technology, sleep).
- School holidays.
- Subsidised healthy school meals cooked onsite.
- Cycle to work scheme (tax free bicycle purchase).
Visit our website to download the job description, person specification and application form (and to see some lovely videos on the homepage!) http://www.queensmillschool.com/Join-our-team
Closing date: 17/11/17 (closing date may be brought forward once sufficient applications have been received so please apply as soon as possible)
Interviews: First week of December