Occupational Therapy Job Summary:
Irabina Autism Services specialises in delivering programs for children and adolescents diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families. We are the largest Autism specific service in Australia and have been providing services for nearly 50 years. We recognise that having Autism not only affects the child but affects the whole family and therefore all programs delivered are family centered. We work alongside families to provide Autism education and skills to assist the children and parents or carers on their journey. Our focus is to provide opportunities for toddlers to adolescents to become the best they can be.
To assume the role of occupational therapist in a trans-disciplinary team of professionals committed to family centered practice. The role is both profession specific and one of a skilled early intervention worker and family service coordinator.
1. Occupational Therapy Qualification and eligibility for practicing membership of Occupational Therapy Australia.
2. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Paediatric Occupational therapy service provision.
3. Previous experience working with children on the autism spectrum.
4. Awareness of principles of, and dedication to evidence-based practice.
5. Awareness of the principles of family centered practice.
6. Previous experience supervising junior occupational therapists and/or occupational therapists Students.
7. Applicants must undergo a Working with Children check.
8. Applicants must undergo a Police check.
9. Current driver’s license.
10. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
11. High level negotiation, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
12. Commitment to providing services to people from diverse language/cultural backgrounds.
13. Eligible for a Medicare provider number.
14. Member of Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
1. Knowledge and experience working with NDIS participants.
2. Previous experience or willingness to use telehealth platforms for clinical assessments and intervention.
3. Further training in the ESDM, SOS and/or DIR/Floor time model would be viewed favorably.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. To be employed in accordance with the Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010.
2. Irabina is a Public Benevolent Institution, generous Salary Packaging Options are available to all Irabina staff.
3. Participation in Performance Review Procedures and all other quality improvement initiatives implemented by Irabina Childhood Autism Services.